Welcome and thank you for visiting! Please let me know you've been here by leaving comments below my posts. Be well!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Found Words

I am in the process of shedding the detritus of my past, in thought and form.  In the process, I came across some interesting bits of writing.  Here, I offer some highlights, edited to better suit me now.  They were all a part of one stream of consciousness composition, but stand better alone, extracted as they are.

1.  I'm looking to put more emptiness into my life.  
Space and silence and simplicity.  
Time for being, doing and thinking... nothing.  
Surrendering to each moment.
Life is only this moment.  
This, I often forget.

2.  Each moment I must 
remember, unlearn, and relearn.
Repeat, repeat, repeat.

3.  My love is deeply buried beneath your wounds, my wounds.
I've agreed to eat your acid, as you eat mine, as I eat mine, as you eat yours.
We've agreed to pull us down and feed our fears.
Your pain grips you and it clings to mine.
They see one another and they want to survive.
Your pain needs a reason to thrive, it needs a cradling and mine does fine.
My pain wants reassurance that it's the worst of the worthless and yours says it loud and clear.
You're lost in a void, a fog, a loop.
I'm right there with you.
It feels as though we're leagues apart.
Yet we're holding hands and drowning one another and clipping our wings and crippling things.
Our most toxic selves slip into this dance so effortlessly.
Somehow we believe that we can get what we desire this way.
Instead we are gifted with sorrow and our hearts leak what little remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback and supportive comments are always welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!